How Can We Help You?
Design and build of a proper Wi-Fi system requires a detailed site survey to identify the following.
The survey is performed through
- Interviews with the users
- Physical inspection of the location
- Heat mapping with Wi-Fi software such as Air Magnet Survey Pro
What we need to learn
- What are the objectives of the system?
- How many users?
- What is the density of the users?
- What kinds of applications are being used/implemented and how much bandwidth will they require?
- Where will the system be installed?
- What kind of structured cable system is installed?
- What kind of ceiling structure is it? Dropped ceiling? Drywall? Access Panels?
- Are there adequate, secure IDFs and MDFs to install the equipment such as switches, patch panels, and controllers?
- What kind of security is required?
- Authentication with a RADIUS server or Active Directory?
- Other types of authentication
- Physical security
- Other applications
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Inventory management
- Signal attenuation from building structures
- Significant metal structures can reduce the Wi-Fi signal propagation
- Interference from other Wi-Fi networks can cause a high Signal To Noise Ratio